We are all aging. I’m sharing with you today tips to age more youthfully. Most of these things you are already aware of.
Maybe you need a reminder?
In one month I turn 63. It boggles my mind I am this age. If you’re like me, I still think I’m in my 30’s. This photo of me is when I was actually 30 years old!
So, what are things that will help you to age more youthfully?
- Guard your mindset and your attitude, each day as often as you can. Begin your day reading an uplifting, positive passage from your favorite positive book. Or subscribe to daily inspirational quotes to be delivered via email or text. Write in a gratitude journal each day, whether it’s in the morning or evening. Take time for prayer and appreciation.
- Get exercise often. Whether it’s taking a walk, going to a health club, dancing to music at home, doing your own work out at home etc. Just get your body moving at least 3-4 days per week. Stretch. Do yoga.
- Eat healthy foods. Most of you know what they are. Drink plenty of spring water or filtered water every day. There are lots of things you can look up online or you can hire a nutrition coach. I know a couple if you contact me, I’ll give you their information. Make sure you’re consuming the appropriate amounts of protein to help you sustain energy. Protein also keeps you fuller longer. Reduce your starch and sugar intake. Eat many servings of highly colored fruits and veggies each day.
- Take healthy supplements to add on with your healthy meals you are eating each day. I’m a big proponent of a healthy, good Omega 3, preferably from krill instead of fish oil. Make sure you are consuming your probiotics to keep your gut healthy. That’s where your absorption takes place. Since it’s summer now, get outside for about 15-20 minutes often to get your much needed Vitamin D3.
- Get enough sleep! This it vital. For me I do best with 8 hours of sleep each night.
- Take deep breaths often and manage your stress levels. I learned how to meditate in 1974 when I was 19 years old and it’s served me well. There are many ways to meditate. You can take classes, google different methods, or simply download soothing ocean waves or rain drops onto your smart phone. Work up to at least 15 minutes every day. For me, afternoon seems to be best. It reboots my energy.
- Take care of your skin. Hydrate and wash it with good products. Be sure to wash your face each night, allowing your skin to get rid of the dirt and debris from the day. Same thing with brushing your teeth at least twice per day. Use a water pic! Great way to floss your teeth.
- Get yearly wellness check ups or physicals.
- Have regular fun!~
- Live from your passions and your purpose.
- Spend time with people you love and enjoy being with.
- Look in the mirror each day and say “I love you!”.
What else can you think of? Leave me a comment with your thoughts if you’re on my blog page or send me an email back.
If you’d like to schedule 30 FREE minutes with me to go over all of this or do a short, fun exercise to discover your purpose, here’s the link to my calendar:
Here’s to living a life you love and to living a more youthful life!
Join me and small group of people in Kauai for our Glow Kauai Spiritual Vacation Retreat October 5-12, 2018.
Are You Ready To Relax In Paradise
And Rejuvenate Your Soul?
Take a breather from your busy life to just BE
and reconnect with yourself in a powerful, life-changing way.
This retreat is for you if You want to step back from all of the noise in your life and have time to simply BE
- You want to be pampered with yoga, meditation, massage, energy work, and fresh, organic food
- You love being outside all day, enjoying warm ocean breezes and exploring natural wonders
- You value being part of a community that feels like family
- You want a retreat that feels like a vacation… one where you leave feeling relaxed and rejuvenated
All information and videos are on my retreat page:
Contact me soon!